By Stacy Melanie Jerger (@ApoideaEdits)
An award for little old me? I love this blog dearly. It's like my second home and I'm glad others feel welcome here. Gill Andrews from True Stories has nominated me for the Liebster Award! Go and check out her lovely blog, people.
What is the Liebster Award? It's a Favorite Blog Award, as “Liebster” is a German word for beloved, or dearest. However, it's not based on a contest but on fellow bloggers tagging their favorite blogs that have less than 200 followers/subscribers. This award helps expose smaller blogs to the world and helps them discover other up and coming blogs.
Here's how it works. To accept this award, the nominee must do this:
- Link back and recognize the blogger who nominated you (this would be me).
- Answer ten questions given to you by the blogger who nominated you (see the questions at the bottom).
- Nominate 5 - 10 other bloggers with less than 200 followers for the award.
- Create 10 questions for your nominees to answer.
- Notify your nominees the way you were notified.
Thank you again, Gill! I appreciate the mention!
My answers to the 10 questions I was asked:
What is your favorite color? Purple.
What is your favorite movie? The Princess Bride.
What is your favorite book? Such a hard choice, but I'll go with a classic. Persuasion by Jane Austen.
What is your favorite quote? "We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars." - Oscar Wilde
What are you most proud of in your life? Marrying my husband.
If you could choose any talent to be born with (except writing), what kind of talent/skill would it be? Public speaking.
Describe yourself in three words. Empathetic, dorky, caring.
Where is your “happy place“? Happy is in a lot of places for me.A book store, story plotting, cuddling with husband, and hiking to the top.
How do you imagine your life to be 5 years from now? Happy and successful.
If you could change one thing about this world, what would it be? Climate change.
My questions for the nominees:
- What's your favorite book?
- What's your proudest writing moment?
- What other hobbies do you have aside from writing?
- What's the strangest thing you've ever had to research?
- How do you take your coffee (or tea)?
- If you could travel anywhere, where would you go?
- Where do you see yourself in five years?
- What's your favorite movie (the one you can watch over and over)?
- If you weren't a writer, what other job would you like to do?
- Why did you start a blog?