Wednesday is a little bit of “Yes, I still have plenty of time to do everything. But I hate everything.” And “Who ate the last doughnut?? I will kill you now.”
As the minutes drip by like a leaky faucet, Wednesday can make anyone start revenge-drinking at noon.
So, if you’re having a stupid Wednesday, I guarantee you this list will make it better.
1. Sometimes life feels like one big meme. There's too many ALL-CAPS offerings of surface wisdom and winks shouting at you about your life. “Sleep is the new sex” or “It's just a matter of time before they add SYNDROME after my last name.” Good news: there are still a few quiet jewels of writing wisdom.
2. Structure is the skeleton of your novel. From the inciting incident to the resolution. You may be a pantser, but you still need those bones. For some no-fuss story structure, Jami Gold’s beat sheets rule.
3. Since my job is reading books, I get asked a lot if I still enjoy reading in my own time. And I say, is the bear catholic? Because last night I promised myself “one more chapter” until I was up reading until 2 AM. My latest reads were The Martian and Goddess of the Hunt (I’m a gal with varying tastes).
4. An online writing conference is coming up this weekend, so you should probably sign up. Also, I love everything Gabriela Pereira has to say.
6. Writing geeks, you need this typewriter keyboard. I need this typewriter keyboard.
7. After I’ve written an entire story, the title will still elude me. So I drink-cry a bottle of wine, have a one-person dance party, and completely avoid figuring out that one last dreaded thing. Thankfully, somebody decided to fix this with the Romance Title Generator.
8. Hey, did you know I now offer proofreading? Your book has been through so many revisions and edits and you can’t stand to read it one more time. Allow me. This is a last look to catch any remaining errors before you publish.
9. Someone has combined red wine and hot chocolate. And made it a thing.
10. Don’t you wish you had infinite amounts of money to travel and eat your way through Europe? Yeah, me too. But for now, I can Try the World from my overpriced one-bedroom apartment.